April 23, 2017, 02:43:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

THS Promising Student Scholarship has been introduced! Full and partial scholarships available. See http://www.top-hat-sec.com/scholarships.html for more details

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Password File
« Last post by ch3rn0byl on Today at 05:23:45 AM »
After months years of working late hours coming home and going to bed.

You had misspelled years...

I have cleaned up and finished a 15 gig password file.

Making a password list is a chore???? hehe

So this is that mystical beast you been speaking of for ages...
Also, I agree with gman
« Last post by Malachai on April 22, 2017, 05:43:42 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. I for me this list I have used for the last couple months . I came across some hashes I was working with and got some other password from different locations that I haven't seen before. I see some other list that people have uploaded and google one you talked about. Those were short and useless to me . The list I put together are from 8-32 characters long. but thanks for the feedback.

Nothing personal Malachai...

But I see little value in using a file that large. Once you get past the usual suspects, and the next 30%, you are into a list of one-offs...passes used only once by one individual who just happened to get swept up in a hack...

While you can use statistical data to look at 'trends' and develop ways to 'fudge' the list to boost your success...Just smashing all the lists you can find together and running i through uniq is going to give you a list that will take many days, and many kilowatt hours, to go through...

I have ended up having a series of graduated lists...The usual suspects in the Rockyou and darkc0de lists...a area/target specific telephone list made with crunch, and a CEWL pull from the targets website/file names.

After that...I have had *ZERO* success when deciding to just 'throw the kitchen sink' at some target...Not once have my week long runs on 'the big list' yielded success. Not once...

Just something to think about friend...

BTW, Google allows for 15gb of storage on each Google Drive account...free...As long as you are not trying to make it a Google Doc, and you are willing to pay...5TB is the limit...;)
« Last post by Gingerbread Man on April 22, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »
Nothing personal Malachai...

But I see little value in using a file that large. Once you get past the usual suspects, and the next 30%, you are into a list of one-offs...passes used only once by one individual who just happened to get swept up in a hack...

While you can use statistical data to look at 'trends' and develop ways to 'fudge' the list to boost your success...Just smashing all the lists you can find together and running i through uniq is going to give you a list that will take many days, and many kilowatt hours, to go through...

I have ended up having a series of graduated lists...The usual suspects in the Rockyou and darkc0de lists...a area/target specific telephone list made with crunch, and a CEWL pull from the targets website/file names.

After that...I have had *ZERO* success when deciding to just 'throw the kitchen sink' at some target...Not once have my week long runs on 'the big list' yielded success. Not once...

Just something to think about friend...

BTW, Google allows for 15gb of storage on each Google Drive account...free...As long as you are not trying to make it a Google Doc, and you are willing to pay...5TB is the limit...;)
« Last post by Luke on April 22, 2017, 12:34:45 AM »
If you want/don't want to split:

bytedropper.com - 20 GB Free Users - 100GB Max File Size
mega.co.nz - 50 GB Free Users - All available space of your cloud
General Discussion / Password File
« Last post by Malachai on April 21, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »
After months of working late hours coming home and going to bed. I had some time off to really work on things I like. I have cleaned up and finished a 15 gig password file. I was trying to find a place to upload the file but notice not a lot of places can handle big files like this. I will have to split the file into 5 gigs. Just need a place where i could upload them to, and its easy for users to download the file.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks
General Discussion / Re: Tired of the operating systems
« Last post by GalaxyNinja on April 14, 2017, 05:52:30 PM »
Update:

I've switched to windows 10 some months ago and I'm kinda happy with it. No issues, no missing drivers etc, but VMs are always ready! Let's see how long it'll last.

Hah! Till the next update comes and makes your Disk work at 100% usage all the time. Then it will be slower than Win 3.1 (and I should know... I used 3.1) :P
General Discussion / Re: Tired of the operating systems
« Last post by Luke on April 14, 2017, 08:29:58 AM »
Update:

I've switched to windows 10 some months ago and I'm kinda happy with it. No issues, no missing drivers etc, but VMs are always ready! Let's see how long it'll last.
Off Topic / Re: Social Engineer Podcast
« Last post by THR4SH3R on April 08, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
This site has some pretty good content. Thanks for sharing the link GBM!
« Last post by _amonsec on April 08, 2017, 02:54:46 AM »
Sound like a good plan to learn more about Social Engineering.
+1 dude.
« Last post by doctane on April 07, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »
Brilliant +1
Love the script  8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10