May 27, 2017, 06:00:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

CMFP (Certified Metasploit Framework Professional) Course is out! http://www.top-hat-sec.com/cmfp.html

Author Topic: something weird  (Read 1887 times)

Offline 1nuxg33k

• "Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows."
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +5/-1
something weird
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »
okay so i decided to do apt-get dist-upgrade on bt5r3 when i noticed that it downloaded linux-image 2.6.32, but as you can see in the screenshot i have 3.2.6, so now im gonna have two kernals to choose from...wtf?? ???
Don't sniff my packets.

mm96631

Re: something weird
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »
I have not used bt5 since kali came out , but i believe they do not even support updating and upgrading it anymore. so who knows what it is trying to do. If for some reason you cant run kali, try out Apollo.

Offline airman_dopey

• Enthusiast
  • Internets: +1/-1
    • Hax0rBl0x Tool Set
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »
PS: don't use BTs, get kali. It's way better.

Meh, matter of opinion. I hate Kali personally, but us BackTrackers weren't really given a choice to stick with the tried and true....

Offline 1nuxg33k

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
Thanks luke, when all else fails,dpkg. Luke what are you running? TH3CR@K3R I tried Apollo, actually still on my usb stick, may try it again since bt isant supported, and yesterday during the blackout I Downloaded mint cinnamon and its painfully slow, default and compatibility modes. How slow? Well after clicking the install icon, 5min later the window came up. I'm gonna download the Gnome version later today and give it a try.
Don't sniff my packets.

Offline 1nuxg33k

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 07:30:27 AM »
Cool, can't wait to try it out,
Don't sniff my packets.

mm96631

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:13:35 AM »
man try my OS I built and posted or Dark's ths-os rc1. Dont waste your time with kali or bt5.

I find it very suprising that mint was slow, it runs super fast for me, and  It absolutely should not be slow, its size is super small. what machine are you using?

Offline THR4SH3R

• Top Hat Member Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +7/-1
  • Social what?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
Dont waste your time with kali or bt5.

I'm just curious, but what problems do you have with Kali Linux TH3CR@CK3R?
The Only System That Cannot Be Exploited, Is The System That Does Not Exist.

Offline 1nuxg33k

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »
man try my OS I built and posted or Dark's ths-os rc1. Dont waste your time with kali or bt5.

I find it very suprising that mint was slow, it runs super fast for me, and  It absolutely should not be slow, its size is super small. what machine are you using?

Right now im using a compaq n600c 1.2ghz proc 1gig ram 30gig hdd its old as hell (came out in 2001 i think) but it gets the job done, if you remember when i first came to this board i mentioned that im in photography school right now and that i use gimp a lot, but once im done with that im gonna hopefully save up some money and build a nice custom desktop, but thats besides the point, im downloading mint Gnome right now and gonna see how that goes, if its slow i'll probably just switch between debian and apollo for the time being, i will try out your os as well,  8)
Don't sniff my packets.