November 19, 2017, 04:03:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Support THS!! Buy a t-shirt at the top-hat-sec store! http://www.top-hat-sec.com/store/p23/T-Shirts.html

Author Topic: MAKE BACKBOX BOOT IN TEXT MODE  (Read 1039 times)

Offline piatros

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
  • GOT ROOT?
MAKE BACKBOX BOOT IN TEXT MODE
« on: June 16, 2013, 06:11:10 PM »
I understand that this question may have had been all over the internet just by google on it, but sens I have had tried to do it on BackBox without success; i believe this is the best place to ask. What i want is to boot the distro on text mode and use X when I want to. I tried by #update-rc.d -f xdm remove and or disable but didn't work. Even without the -f command. 

Offline ZEROF

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +45/-1
    • Pentester
Re: MAKE BACKBOX BOOT IN TEXT MODE
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
For long time text mode is only for "fix" hard rock system issues, and because of that you need to be advanced user and learn how to play with grub settings. I can find solution for you but i don't think that you will have same pleasure if you find your self. Try harder and if you don't have luck i will try and write you solution.

mm96631

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
I think your problem is that you are finding either inaccurate search results or are not searching for what you really need. You need to show grub at boot so with a quick search for " show grub at boot" you will find your answer in the second post. ZEROF is not trying to be rude or anything, he is right and has a point though. The best way to learn is to figure it out.

Offline reaperz73

• Experienced
  • Internets: +3/-0
    • Reaperz's Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
I think this is the answer to what you seek.
There are two types of Systems Administrators, those that have been hacked and those that don't know they've been hacked. Which one are you?

YouTube  Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqFkGnNLGDpH9SzHKYNcIw
Skype me reaperz73revived