May 23, 2017, 11:49:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Alleged Owner -- https://goo.gl/FRHbEJ

Author Topic: Started whit python  (Read 3325 times)

Offline 790

• Prospect
  • Internets: +3/-0
Re: Started whit python
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »
How is your progress? I did Ruby and VB classes in school, Ruby was my true first language (in turn, also gave me grey hairs) and it made VB look like watered down Bud Light. I'm learning Python as well, it isn't much different than Ruby but there are many major differences -- the white space is what keeps me up at night  :o

// Always choose the robot over the dead man.

Offline c0ldg0ld

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +34/-0
    • Public Key
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 10:35:39 AM »
I've kinda put Python on the back burner right now because I'm working on Objective C.  Coming from an intermediate knowledge of C++ it's a trip going to objective c.  functionNamesAreThisFreakingLongInThisLanguage()...  On the plus side it does a heck of a lot of the heavy lifting for you. 

Next step, finance my computer/gadget addiction by coding a game or app for iPhone that people get addicted to!
rm -rf /bin/laden

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Public Key

Offline Krish

• Prospect
  • Internets: +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 05:43:57 AM »
Hi all, i have started learning python...right now i am reading Learning python by Mark Lutz..very good book ...extensively covered all the topics ...
How the things going at your end...

"One who wins without problem",it is just a "Victory"  but "one who wins with lot of troubles" that is "HISTORY"

Offline 790

• Prospect
  • Internets: +3/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »
Things are reasonably okay over here, work has me going overtime due to the end of year so I had to slow down my pace. Things will settle down in a week and I expect to have more time to continue my progress...at least they better!!!!!!!
// Always choose the robot over the dead man.

Offline l3og3tz

• Prospect
  • Internets: +4/-0
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 07:45:28 AM »
started about two months ago, you won't believe the amount of languages i know(computer and spoken), but i think python is slowly becoming my fav.

especially when i dont have to deal with complexities of compiling and ....

i got lots of books on it if you interested

Offline r3k0hu

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +48/-0
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »
Hey l3og3tz,

If you have any Python PDF books that you think might be good for a beginner, any chance you could PM me? Struggling to find time, but would love to make an effort with this. I've discovered with some other study that i'm doing is books work best for me. Fancy online videos etc just zone me out :)

Cheers
r3k0hu
-43.9515-176.561

Offline l3og3tz

• Prospect
  • Internets: +4/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »
hi r3k0hu, sorry for late reply, don't know how i missed this,

will pm you
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:19:04 PM by l3og3tz »