April 23, 2017, 08:28:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

There are two rules for success: #1 Never Tell Everything You Know.

Author Topic: w7 privacy tools?  (Read 3162 times)

Offline mazzif

• Experienced
  • Internets: +19/-1
  • Seals say "ARP ARP ARP!!!"
Re: w7 privacy tools?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »
Call me crazy...I feel more is less.

My Win7 box.  Safety = MS Security Essentials.  Descent enough, free.  Deleting files and reclaiming space?  Well if your up to date, you'll have the latest Windows Disk-Cleanup.  New and improved, this time around Windows cleans up after itself pretty well, removing old windows update temp files and other 'protected' system files.  I reclaimed 8+GB after my initial run.  Security = openvpn client with vpnbook.  Yup that how I roll.  Does it keep me safe'ish?  Protected? Well enough

[C:\>systeminfo

Host Name:               
OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version:                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration:          Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner:         
Registered Organization:
Product ID:                00426-OEM-
Original Install Date:     6/13/2010, 9:48:56 AM
System Boot Time:          12/18/2013, 4:06:26 PM
System Manufacturer:       Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model:              GA-MA770T-UD3P
System Type:               x64-based PC
Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3 Authentic AMD ~3694 Mhz

3 1/2 years, and still running clean
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:17:22 PM by mazzif »

My hacker box has a Linux system.init

Offline Gr4nDT3R0R

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »
Don't use CCLEANER
USE PRIVAZER its free and perfect cleaner on internet
http://privazer.com/
im sure you will forget ccleaner after installing this

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +94/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »
Don't use CCLEANER
USE PRIVAZER its free and perfect cleaner on internet
http://privazer.com/
im sure you will forget ccleaner after installing this

When promoting something like this, please take a few moments and explain Why you prefer it over CCleaner.
I found quite a few reviews on Cnet: here is an insert from one of therm "Privazer can be quite scary upon its first use. The program takes several minutes for the initial scan, and the sheer amount of items it finds can be daunting to assess. I decided to take a chance and let Privazer decide what to delete. So far, no problems at all. I have read posts across the internet that said privazer cleaned too deeply and caused problems. I have yet to have a complaint, and this program has become my go-to for cleaning. After all, I just don't want it clean, I want it CLEAN."

Another site says this:
"PROTECTION AGAINST RECOVERY
Your old deleted files can still be recovered with an expert recovery software.
PrivaZer performs a cleanup of residual traces in file table (FAT or MFT) and free space to avoid any possibilities of recovery

No recovery possible with expert software like:" (and goes on to list a whole bunch of data recovery software)

This program is for Sure not for beginners and seems more like software you would use if you were trying to destroy traces of you being on a computer than to keep your computer safe and clean.
Just my 2 cents...

Offline subspace3

• Prospect
  • Internets: +2/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 03:26:12 AM »
I've always liked Glary utilities. Like Cccleaner but with some extra stuff. Registry defrag, startup optimizer, split and join files, encrypt files with auto decrypting program, space explorer. It does all the same things as CC with one click maintenance, and then has an advanced menu for the rest of the tools.

For those who use CC give it a go! I don't think anyone has mentioned about the CC enhanced addon. Adds lots more clean up locations to CCcleaner.

Offline subspace3

• Prospect
  • Internets: +2/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 03:27:08 AM »
Glary also securely wipes files and free space. Probs more tools I've forgot to mention.

Offline IdkImw

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
  • Internets: +5/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 06:27:15 AM »
doesn't CCleaner have a secure wipe option all along ? Or am I missing something..

And yeah, like what @subspace3 mentioned, adding CCleaner Enhanced makes CCleaner even better :)

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 02:08:43 AM »
Some great tools metioned here for automated cleaning, If you require a deeper clean I recommend you do it yourself with enough registry research and familiarity this can be safely carried out.

Over the years I feel Ccleaner, Revo Uninstaller and the likes (In saying this I have never tried Bleechbit) have been losing their ability to remove unwanted content. By making their software safer I guess they encounter less issues with customers ¨accidentally¨ deleting needed/crucial files/folders. Many reasons behind this I am sure.

If you want something done right, Do it yourself. . . . Know your Reg  8)