November 19, 2017, 04:23:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Support THS!! Buy a t-shirt at the top-hat-sec store! http://www.top-hat-sec.com/store/p23/T-Shirts.html

Author Topic: Good Stuff to know about Dell "DELL HELL"  (Read 2799 times)

Offline S3V3N

• time doesn't fill me in, i fill time in
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +26/-0
  • -777- Game Changer - G�rdios desm�s
Good Stuff to know about Dell "DELL HELL"
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:01:39 PM »
Hello,

I dropped my damn dell inspirion 15r special special special edition haha and it got pretty messed up.
When i purchased the laptop i bought a 1 year insurance plan with the already existing warranty service.
I have sent my laptop back to dell 4 times now because they have completely failed to fix it each time. I received my laptop back with the frame glued together and warped as well as my screen being replaced but not properly fitted into the frame, this was the 1st time and they didn't run diagnostics let alone fix anything else. they also used my charger to bend my charging port back into place which then led to my charger being bent and not working. when i received this laptop back for a second time the glue had been scraped off and they replaced my palm rest, (something that did not need to be fixed). the third time i sent my laptop back in due to insufficient "fixes" they replaced my 1 TB internal Hard Drive with a western digital DESKTOP Hard Drive. Completely rick rolled me. now i have sent my computer back in to receive a "re-manufactured" dell inspirion 15r special edition. Due to the fact that in dells "insurance" contract entails that they can refuse to send you a brand new replacement computer and instead send you a re-manufactured computer. The customer service has been extremely unprofessional and horrible. Now i have a re-manufactured laptop that has a problem with the speakers (the max sound is half as loud as my old one) and the wireless card drops my wifi all the time all day every day i downloaded drivers, and did a lot of troubleshooting yet the problem remains, just like my last dell inspirion did, also in which they failed to fix 3 times in a row. and i am noticing other problems with it as well. Dell has told me that i have to send this re-manufactured 15r  special edition into the same tech repair place located in Texas that i sent my last laptop into 3 times with no progress. Dell refuses to replace this current laptop as well so i am being driven in circles. So i encourage every single one of you to either, Never buy a dell product or pray you never damage it, or nothing ever goes wrong with the hardware. Good day!,

S3V3N

https://www.sctaxsett.com/(S(5hsnpq0pgp3oq0pz1l2va51c))/default.aspx

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-07/dell-directors-sued-over-24-44-billion-management-buyout.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/technology/29dell.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://askville.amazon.com/class-action-lawsuit-againt-Dell-join/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=11918828

And tons of other pending class action suits against Dell that i wont flood you with lol
-sometimes your the moth sometimes your the flame && sometimes you are the windshield sometimes you are the bug 
http://i.imgur.com/bO1aoCW.png%5B%5Cimg
-  The tide waits for no one.
look up, get up, and don't ever give up.

-Never cut, what you can untie, you don't get what you deserve, you get wh

Offline R4v3N

• Administrator
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +160/-1
  • The googles and the metasploits...
    • Top-Hat-Sec
Re: Good Stuff to know about Dell "DELL HELL"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »
I have never liked dell. They made a name for themselves early on by advertising very cheap deals. They catered to students, college kids that sort of thing. However I just have my own opinions but I never liked their customer service and I do not think of them as a quality machine. I started out with HP, Ive owned HP printers, HP desktops, and HP Laptops. Ive had many issues with the longevity of HP. I know they are considered a more prestigious company however within a year or two, I start to have problems. I custom build my desktops so I don't really have any issues in recent years with brand names since I buy everything how I want it. With Laptops, Ive got to stick with Toshiba. They are built to last and they have my vote.

Offline S3V3N

• Experienced
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »
That is good to know, thanks for the insight man! I have always liked the durability of toshiba laptops myself, but i have only owned one!
I got my dell inspirion 15r special at a decent price and bought it for it's compatibility, mainly hashcat lol but it is the last DELL product i'll ever own. Dell is going down haha i also just ran a pixel test on my re-furbished system and it has many dead pixels.. ahhh you have got to love dell haha
-sometimes your the moth sometimes your the flame && sometimes you are the windshield sometimes you are the bug 

mm96631

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
I have and use a dell inspirion 15r special edition as my main laptop. So far I have not really had many issues. I don't like the fact that I cannot get the AMD drivers to install in debian and the 3.2 ubuntu kernel randomly freezes. I too bought it because of the price, what is easily a $1000+ laptop I got for $550 new in the box, but no warranty. Hopefully I don't drop it  :P

Offline S3V3N

• Experienced
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »
Th3cr4ck3r, it really is a great machine! with little faults. But Dell is going to get it man! I praise the heavens that you don't drop that thing! hahaha and i to had problems with that AMD DRIVER. How in the hell did you get it for 550? do you use it with hashcat?

Offline D4rk-50ld13r

• Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +189/-0
  • I will hack for beer.
    • http://www.ghostsec.org/
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 02:53:50 PM »
Dell is a real good brand but you need to pick the right model.
i agree that some new models such as " Inspiron" did not have much success. this dosnt mean that Dell is not good.
I got Dell Precision M6300 , 17" screen , Nvidia , 4gb Ram , 2.2Ghz Dual intel core, bluetooth , 500gb Hdd , Atheros wifi card ecc...
Trust me , its affordable ,a bit old and heavy , but look no further , cause this is an amazing peace of hardware.
If you sat a monkey down in front of a keyboard, the first thing typed would be
a unix command.

Offline d4rks4b3rs4n

• Experienced
  • Internets: +11/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:52:40 AM »
I have a Dell XPS 14Z and I'm quite happy with it.
Except about the Hybrid Graphic card that you have to manage a bit. Bumblebee has solved the problem and running CUDA drivers works too.  8)
Keyboard light is fine, better than Asus.

OK.. but if you are worried about Compiz or needless stuff like that so for sure, you have to change it.  :D :D
I use my Dell laptop when I have to go out of my house, because it's small, with a good battery and it's enough efficient.

I join R4V3N when he say "The Computer Is Only As Strong As The User".
No offense buddy, that's just my opinion regarding Dell.

d4rks4b3rs4n
You Cannot Become A Master Without A Hard Work.

Offline cR1z1z

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
  • Even a worm turns against the foot that crushes it
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 10:27:46 AM »
Yea I find myself surrounded by dells garbage, they break and people toss em. I have had 4 or 5 broken dells that I either pulled straight out of the dumpster or people gave me for parts cause thats where they were headed anyway. That being said they're customer service doesn't even cross my mind...

Sorry to here about with the warranty TOS and your overall experience being lousy. 

*I'm on an inspiron I put together from a couple that had cracked screens, grateful for the mileage but it didn't come without work.
Don't talk to the police or the FBI. No matter what, it can never help you. They wouldn't ask you in the first place if they didn't need your help to ruin your life and the lives of others. REMEMBER: "I am going to remain silent. I would like to speak to an attorney."
-crimethinc collective

Offline S3V3N

• Experienced
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »
haha yes, dell makes a decent machine but they are going to ruin their name!

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +9/-2
  • Self Learner
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
My main machine is a Dell, not that I'm saying anything GOOD about Dells but I got the beast for free. I also have 3 Dell Laptops (also free). I am an apartment tech so when people don't understand EVICTION and the sheriff has to come and toss their asses they only get to take what they can grab. So needless to say I have a ton of computer stuff laying around lol.

What I would suggest and I did this with Polaroid on a LED TV, it has just ran out of warranty the day before the power supply went. I called them up and the whole board has to be replaced for a total of $500 and I only paid $700 for the dang thing, I ended up on google and got the email for the VP of Customer Service and sent him an email. He replied next day that he had a replacement over nighted to me and the next day I got it. So try to get ahold of the VP of Customer Service for Dell and tell them what problems you are having!

Offline mazzif

• Experienced
  • Internets: +19/-1
  • Seals say "ARP ARP ARP!!!"
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »
Dell is a real good brand but you need to pick the right model.

I too am a fan of the Dell Precision line of laptops.  Currently rocking the M6300, best laptop I've owned since my Precision M90.  Looking to replace it with an M6700 this year.

My hacker box has a Linux system.init

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +9/-2
  • Self Learner
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 06:24:33 AM »

I too am a fan of the Dell Precision line of laptops.  Currently rocking the M6300, best laptop I've owned since my Precision M90.  Looking to replace it with an M6700 this year.

I'm rocking a Precision 690 Server Station as my Desktop. Just fixed a Lenovo G560 laptop that runs really nice. Got an old Dell C400 laptop I just fixed and currently fixing a Latitude  and a Dell Studio 1555 that has some nice specs.