June 24, 2017, 04:59:30 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

"640 K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates

Author Topic: First Mac Book Pro 15  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +18/-7
  • #!/bin/sh Day/Night (Grey Hat)
First Mac Book Pro 15
« on: December 25, 2013, 10:25:17 PM »
Well I pulled the trigger and bought myself a MBP 15 retina. The first couple hours drove me up the wall trying to figure out the menu and how everything works. But so far it's running good. Have the 16 gig and 520 ssd drive I believe. Notice a quick boot up but haven't had enough time to play with the speed.

One thing I was worried about was my vm machines. I was able to load fusion but it's okay the menu is different. I really want to try Parallels but it cost money so I will have to wait until i have enough funds for it or find other way of loading the software...

it's all about money for apple devices... UGH but I guess I'm a Mac sucker now...lol...  :-X
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  Hope that Firewall works because your SCREWED  
  //*

Offline mazzif

• Experienced
  • Internets: +19/-1
  • Seals say "ARP ARP ARP!!!"
Re: First Mac Book Pro 15
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 06:37:40 AM »
UGH but I guess I'm a Mac sucker now...lol...  :-X

Well nobody's perfect  :P

My hacker box has a Linux system.init

Offline em3rgency

• Elite
  • Internets: +36/-3
  • OSWP SQLi N+
    • Security Research
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:03:17 AM »
I used both vmware and parallels, and stick with vmware now for my macbook

My other computer is your computer.

Offline c0ldg0ld

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +34/-0
    • Public Key
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
I have a friend who has a Retina BMP as well. He used Parallels until he upgraded to Maverics and then he said the thing just suddenly started draining battery even when his VM was idle.  He switched to VMware fusion (what I've always used on my non retina 15") and the problem went away.  Just my $0.02
rm -rf /bin/laden

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Public Key

Offline S1LV3RWR4TH

• *CWSP Certified*
  • Enthusiast
  • Internets: +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
I use VMWare on my MBP 15" Retina.

Solid machine, well built and runs well. But yeah, Apple is kind of pricey and whatnot.

Offline Baloothebear1979

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +1/-0
  • Comuters are only as capable as the user
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 06:59:02 AM »
You'll love it have had my macbook Retina now since 2012, brilliant machine, run everything on VMware runs like a dream. There expensive but well worth the money.  8)

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +18/-7
  • #!/bin/sh Day/Night (Grey Hat)
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
I have to say i was a big Apple hater... I did have the iphone for a while but that was it. Once I got my first mac.. I have to say it's really nice having a big screen and clean picture. The bootup and process are awesome... Running any linux OS is really quick when you have a SSD drive. Yes they cost money but well worth it in the long run.

You will not regret it.
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  Hope that Firewall works because your SCREWED  
  //*

Offline Gingerbread Man

• *High Tech Low-life*
  • Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +93/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 05:25:18 PM »
For what you pay for a well equipped Mac, You can have 3x the machine if its a PC...AND be able to upgrade or replace parts as you see fit...

I officially became a hater the moment they started SOLDERING IN THE RAM.

Offline 0E 800

• If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
  • Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +154/-0
  • • тнε ιηтεяηεт ιs мү яεcүcℓε-вιη •
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 10:14:47 PM »
id take one for free or for trade. for as much as they cost they better be 100% organic and GMO free. :P

linux users turned apple fans still have nothing in common with fags (fookin apple geeks)
"He who passes not his days in the realm of dreams is the slave of the days."

Offline Baloothebear1979

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +1/-0
  • Comuters are only as capable as the user
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
Yes you might be able to by 3 pc's for the price of a mac. I have a iMac from 2007 and a MBP ret from 2012 both run mavericks both run very quick. If I had a pc from 2007 I wouldn't be able to run the latest windows os without serious upgrades or serious loss in performance. With the iMac I just hit update, runs like a dream !! Like I said worth the money  :D :D

Offline 0E 800

• If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
  • Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +154/-0
  • • тнε ιηтεяηεт ιs мү яεcүcℓε-вιη •
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 10:12:33 AM »
Thats all good and fine for you. I have 2 MBP's; 1 is the last ppc version and the other is a 1st generation intel mbp. Unfortunatly for me the processor is a core2 and not a dualcore so I can only upgrade as far as Snow Leopard. Why is that? Oh because apple purposely didnt create Lion to be compatible with single core processors...because they want you to buy a new computer.

Now think about all those people that purchased a mac in 2006 or 2005 and paid GOOD money for it. They keep it updated to the point where it says its fully updated. Then these nice mac supporters go an buy an iPhone 5 or a iPad for $$$ and go home and plug it into their macbook and iTunes says that you need to update iTunes to version X. These nice people say okay, goto itunes website to download itunes and when they try to install it... They find out that the newest version of itunes is not supported on their hardware and now they need to spend $$$ to buy a new laptop.  Bogus Dude.

Compared to the 3 or 4 laptops I have that are PC's -(2004, 2006, 2008, 2013) ranging from XP, VISTA, 7, 8... I can easily add some more memory (for cheap) and install Windows 8.1 on each of them. Oh and all versions of itunes work on them.

just sayin...

Review for a good laugh:

http://mjryder.net/25-reasons-to-hate-macs-and-3-reasons-to-like-them/

http://www.bluedamage.com/2014/05/19/why-macs-suck-part-3/
"He who passes not his days in the realm of dreams is the slave of the days."

ch3rn0byl

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »
Thats all good and fine for you. I have 2 MBP's; 1 is the last ppc version and the other is a 1st generation intel mbp. Unfortunatly for me the processor is a core2 and not a dualcore so I can only upgrade as far as Snow Leopard. Why is that? Oh because apple purposely didnt create Lion to be compatible with single core processors...because they want you to buy a new computer.

Now think about all those people that purchased a mac in 2006 or 2005 and paid GOOD money for it. They keep it updated to the point where it says its fully updated. Then these nice mac supporters go an buy an iPhone 5 or a iPad for $$$ and go home and plug it into their macbook and iTunes says that you need to update iTunes to version X. These nice people say okay, goto itunes website to download itunes and when they try to install it... They find out that the newest version of itunes is not supported on their hardware and now they need to spend $$$ to buy a new laptop.  Bogus Dude.

Compared to the 3 or 4 laptops I have that are PC's -(2004, 2006, 2008, 2013) ranging from XP, VISTA, 7, 8... I can easily add some more memory (for cheap) and install Windows 8.1 on each of them. Oh and all versions of itunes work on them.

just sayin...

Review for a good laugh:

http://mjryder.net/25-reasons-to-hate-macs-and-3-reasons-to-like-them/

http://www.bluedamage.com/2014/05/19/why-macs-suck-part-3/
BAM!! just blew him out the water haha

Offline Amonsec

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +36/-0
  • 1336 working to become 1337
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »
Use Mac? You never come back.
"A computer is only as good as it's user" - R4V3N
OSCP (2017)

Offline s3tix

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »
I have one. A+

Offline Gingerbread Man

• *High Tech Low-life*
  • Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +93/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 07:11:58 AM »
I have one. A+

Epoxy holding in the battery preventing replacement...no extra charge. ;)