July 22, 2017, 07:37:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

"Have you tried turning it off and then on again?"

Author Topic: Alfa 9dBi dipole and Alfa 7dBi Panel Antenna and magnetic base...  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +9/-2
  • Self Learner
Both are great. I'm using them with my AWUS036h and getting very good results. I was curious though does anyone recommend a different card? I got mine from Rokland on eBay and they ship really fast and they are an authorized reseller for Alfa. I'm getting ready to move to a house on 1acre and it's in a rural area, I'm probably going to need something REALLY powerful to pick up some signals. Any recommendations?

Offline R4v3N

• Administrator
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +160/-1
  • The googles and the metasploits...
    • Top-Hat-Sec
Re: Alfa 9dBi dipole and Alfa 7dBi Panel Antenna and magnetic base...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 07:34:33 AM »
Both are great. I'm using them with my AWUS036h and getting very good results. I was curious though does anyone recommend a different card? I got mine from Rokland on eBay and they ship really fast and they are an authorized reseller for Alfa. I'm getting ready to move to a house on 1acre and it's in a rural area, I'm probably going to need something REALLY powerful to pick up some signals. Any recommendations?

I have a yagi antenna. It is very very powerful. I have also seen some wifi dishes that they sell. You can just google wifi dish. But I will say that the yagi does a fine job. You may need to boost the card TX power to get the results that you want in combination with the more powerful antennas.

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Self Learner
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »

I have a yagi antenna. It is very very powerful. I have also seen some wifi dishes that they sell. You can just google wifi dish. But I will say that the yagi does a fine job. You may need to boost the card TX power to get the results that you want in combination with the more powerful antennas.

What do you think about signal amplifiers like : http://www.alfa.com.tw/products_show.php?pc=116&ps=156
Is this the wifi dish you are speaking of? http://www.alfa.com.tw/products_show.php?pc=125&ps=161 or would this be better? http://www.alfa.com.tw/products_show.php?pc=47&ps=100

Offline zerocool

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +26/-3
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:13:39 AM »
Signal amplifiers don't really do anything not worth wasting your money your best option for a dish would be the grid antenna as they are the best overall.
Good luck what ever you decide to get, just don't get a cheap one they a waste of time.

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Self Learner
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 03:00:29 PM »
I got a Yagi from Simple Wifi, but where my house is now it's on over an acre and lots of trees. I suppose if I were able to get it high enough it would work better. I do have a sunhauns 2watt amplifier and it does seem to help with receiving not so much transmitting. I'd like to get a parabolic dish next to see how that does.

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Self Learner
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 07:00:24 PM »
I had one of these dish antennas, but never really tried it so I sent it to R4V3N so he could try it out. Still waiting for his opinion ;)

http://www.ccrane.com/WiFi-Antennas/Point-To-Point-WiFi-Antenna

Should have sent it to me ;)