October 19, 2017, 10:29:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The user's going to pick dancing pigs over security every time. -- Bruce Schneier

Author Topic: Reaver Pro 2  (Read 7484 times)

Offline ratpatrol

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
  • Internets: +2/-0
Reaver Pro 2
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
I know many people have the Original Pro, and many commented they do
not like it. Is there any difference in the Pro 2?

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
Re: Reaver Pro 2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:20:30 AM »
The reaver pro 2 in my option isnt much better than regular reaver . It has a nice GUI but whats the point when u still have to go in and change all the settings so you dont get a lot of limiting issues . for the price they sell it for you should get alot more functionality out of it .Maybe thats why they dropped the price from $200 down to $69 lol .... If your just wanting something new to play with i would get a pineapple http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/wifi-pineapple   , You will have alot more fun playing with this then a reaver and its not much more .. If you just looking to do more with wifi look into this  .. http://wi-feye.za1d.com/ 

Offline ratpatrol

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:09:39 AM »
H4v0K, nice hearing from you again. Thanks for your input. Awhile ago, I
downloaded reaver pro. Not sure if it is any better than the
reaver I have on THS-OS 32 bit. I guess the biggest problem with Reaver
is the AP limiting time out.  Have you tried the Reaver that comes with
Pineapple? Once again thanks for your response.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:54:36 AM by GalaxyNinja »

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:50 AM »
The new reaver pro comes as a stand alone device  like the picture at the bottom .. I dont think reaver comes with the pineapple , But you can add reaver to the pineapple just not the pro 2 that i know of .

Offline ratpatrol

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:51:16 AM »
o.k.

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +9/-2
  • Self Learner
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 04:51:15 PM »
I have the Reaver Pro 2 and have played with it. It has limited options, is capable of WAY more than WPS but they fail to add WEP tools and such. Also the kernal was compiled WITHOUT USB support. I'm not sure what mw the device has but with a 9dbi antenna it still only picks up minimal APs compared to my Alfa 036h and 036NH. It is great for set it and let it do it's thing because it's easily hidden. I have not go the auto connect to AP when cracked and send email with details function to work. Another thing owners are trying to get implemented is being able to select a list of APs to crack so when it does crack an AP it starts the next, again they haven't said anything about implementing it even though owners are requesting it.

I got my hands on one for free. That being said for $69 if you have cash and want to have this to play around with then fine, it does crack WPS but only WPS but I would rather have a pineapple. I do not have a pineapple though but if someone wants to send me one ;)

Offline ratpatrol

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »
xeon, was just wondering, have you disconnected the antenna and tried
a yagi or other type of outdoor antenna.  If anyone has tried it let us know your results.

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 05:08:14 AM »
a yagi or other type of outdoor antenna.  If anyone has tried it let us know your results.

Yes u can use a Yagi or any other antenna and even a signal booster if you want to . It will help with the range if you have issues .. But this still wont help against AP LIMIT issues  >:( 

xeon the pineapple is the way to go in my opinion , you can add lots of tools to it even reaver and you can use it for multiple things instead of just WPS ..

Offline ratpatrol

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 11:17:04 AM »
H4v0K, you are right. Most newer Routers implement the AP limiting, and
to date, no way around it.

Offline Xeon

• Non-Certified
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +9/-2
  • Self Learner
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 08:49:08 PM »

I've used a Yagi, Bipol, Bipol Dish setup, 2watt amp. Still get better results with my Alfa Cards. WPS is being patched by many manufactures. You have AP rate limits plus the newer Xfinity(Comcast) routers are not vulnerable to WPS attacks as well as ATT Uverse.