November 18, 2017, 10:57:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The user's going to pick dancing pigs over security every time. -- Bruce Schneier

Author Topic: DarkCode C.I.A version 3 x86_64 "download link on Google Drive & OneDrive "  (Read 6062 times)

Offline 0E 800

• If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
  • Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +154/-0
  • ??? ???????? ?s ?? ??c?c??-???
Holy excrement, you know you guys can edit your posts instead of triple and quadruple posting. Please dont turn the forum threads into a chat log. You should ask these kind of questions in Chat.

Installing firmware in linux is not like installing an application for windows. There are numerous possibilities as to why his 'internet' is not working. Most likely it has to do with his laptop model and the drivers for his wifi device either not being there or not supported.

Please - instead of one liner questions and one liner answers, use google. You know its a debian distro so google "(your laptop make/model) + debian + wifi" and see what comes up. Someone with your same laptop probably already asked that same question.

@Anakin - chill out young buck. Your kind of new to this forum to be throwing your weight around. Please don't give out generic answers with out explaining how or why. What you could have posted would be commands udontknow could run in order to discover his wifi chipset or even commands to see if his adapter is already showing up or not.

As many users here have posted over the years, you need to find a distro that works for your computer. Not all distros are going to be 100% compatible with every system. What works for one might not work for others.

@udontknow - take it easy with your posts. It seems like you gotta a lot of energy and all but try to keep the forum posting to the point. Not all of us need to know your emotional state. Seriously before you start posting questions, please ask out in the chat room. Most the time someone will work with you to figure your problems out. If you see me, hit me up, I am always game.

Shine on.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:07:10 PM by 0E 800 »
"He who passes not his days in the realm of dreams is the slave of the days."

Offline udontknow

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
Holy excrement, you know you guys can edit your posts instead of triple and quadruple posting. Please dont turn the forum threads into a chat log. You should ask these kind of questions in Chat.

Installing firmware in linux is not like installing an application for windows. There are numerous possibilities as to why his 'internet' is not working. Most likely it has to do with his laptop model and the drivers for his wifi device either not being there or not supported.

Please - instead of one liner questions and one liner answers, use google. You know its a debian distro so google "(your laptop make/model) + debian + wifi" and see what comes up. Someone with your same laptop probably already asked that same question.

@Anakin - chill out young buck. Your kind of new to this forum to be throwing your weight around. Please don't give out generic answers with out explaining how or why. What you could have posted would be commands udontknow could run in order to discover his wifi chipset or even commands to see if his adapter is already showing up or not.

As many users here have posted over the years, you need to find a distro that works for your computer. Not all distros are going to be 100% compatible with every system. What works for one might not work for others.

@udontknow - take it easy with your posts. It seems like you gotta a lot of energy and all but try to keep the forum posting to the point. Not all of us need to know your emotional state. Seriously before you start posting questions, please ask out in the chat room. Most the time someone will work with you to figure your problems out. If you see me, hit me up, I am always game.

Shine on.

Thanks for the Info   but you keep saying chat  ,,  and I go to the chat ,, and no one is there lol

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Many THS members are not based in the EU so chat may seem a lil quiet during our daylight hours...Pffft daylight :P

OE has a great point and is one of the best to have help imo..

Offline AnakinSkywalker

• Prospect
  • Internets: +7/-9
    • Linux User Group
Re: DarkCode C.I.A version 3 x86_64 "download link on Google Drive & OneDrive "
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »
Ok. I understand, well here a little howto that might help you out ...

1) down the firmware .tar pack from here >>
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EB7B95C7BA0B809!3006&authkey=!AJzfkuXVFZYAf2c&ithint=folder%2ciso

2) then from a terminal run "
tar -zxvf firmware.tar.gz
or
gzip -d firmware.tar.gz | tar -xvf firmware.tar " (either one would work just fine )

then go into the folder " cd firmware "

and then this might be a little weird but it works :P

dpkg -i *.deb | dpkg -i *.udeb

and then wait for all the missing drivers to install.. then check back and see if you wifi card start working ?

If not you can try to use your windows firmware drivers in debian :P

First you need to get the windows 7 firmware drivers (preferably in .zip format ):
(The first thing you need to do is figure out what wireless card you have.)

Extract the .zip file in a dir in Linux

Next you need to install ndisgtk   " apt-get install ndisgtk  or apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils "

go into the dir with the win7 drivers and in terminal type:

sudo ndiswrapper -i <your win7 wifi driver name or id>.inf (without the brackets)

next in terminal type: " ndiswrapper -l "

this would show you the driver you just installed..

I would also suggest running:

ndiswrapper -m
ndiswrapper -ma

if all goes well you should have your wifi up and running, next simply restart linux :P

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:29:57 PM by AnakinSkywalker »
" Laughing at your network security "  (LulzSec)
*Knowledge is POWER, which is in the hands of the beholder*

* https://www.facebook.com/groups/anon.universal/ *
* https://www.facebook.com/LinuxUserGroup *
* https://twitter.com/Anon_Universal *

Offline tiptopmisa

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 06:52:49 AM »
This is the error message after I used the live installer to install your distro on Vmware player.
http://s13.postimg.org/jeurgnstj/linux_installation_error.png

Offline AnakinSkywalker

• Prospect
  • Internets: +7/-9
    • Linux User Group
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 06:40:56 PM »
why don't you use Win32DiskImager and write it to a 8gig flashdrive ? and run it from there?
" Laughing at your network security "  (LulzSec)
*Knowledge is POWER, which is in the hands of the beholder*

* https://www.facebook.com/groups/anon.universal/ *
* https://www.facebook.com/LinuxUserGroup *
* https://twitter.com/Anon_Universal *

Offline longjons

• Prospect
Hey can anyone who is using this make a quick tut on how to prepare the hard drive and provide some instructions for using the live remaster linux installer or is there a alternative installer that I can use to get this installed on my machine
any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +96/-0
  • My password is **********
Hey can anyone who is using this make a quick tut on how to prepare the hard drive and provide some instructions for using the live remaster linux installer or is there a alternative installer that I can use to get this installed on my machine
any help would be greatly appreciated

I am not sure if this OS is being maintained as the post is from over 6 months ago.
A computer is only as strong as its user! -R4v3n

Sm3gal

its out of date.. I think its based on 13.01 but I'm not sure w/o downloading and running the iso in a vm

Offline 0E 800

• If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
  • Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +154/-0
  • ??? ???????? ?s ?? ??c?c??-???
If you can wait a short while, I will see what can be done. Pretty busy at the moment but I think its worth while to create tutorials for getting these OS's that members put effort into creating; working again :)
"He who passes not his days in the realm of dreams is the slave of the days."

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +96/-0
  • My password is **********
If you can wait a short while, I will see what can be done. Pretty busy at the moment but I think its worth while to create tutorials for getting these OS's that members put effort into creating; working again :)

That would be wonderful 0E 800!
It would also serve to help people get more familiar with their OS as well!
A computer is only as strong as its user! -R4v3n