July 26, 2017, 07:41:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

If you are not part of the solution...You are part of the precipitate.

Author Topic: Easy Arch Linux Install Script  (Read 1103 times)

Offline DarkTiger

• DarkTiger is providence!
  • Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +11/-0
  • Uncertainty certainly exists.
Easy Arch Linux Install Script
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »
credit  to :  to Helmuth Saatkamp the creator of the script

hey guys, its Nub DarkTiger  :o

So one thing that i love is playing with operating systems. checking them out and just messing with them to learn what they are like. :P

one of my favorites is Arch Linux. This OS is a really  small download, i think 572mb, maybe even smaller. This has the necessary programs and features to create this operating in your image, right from the get go. Only problem is that its for advanced linux users, i mean when u boot it up, all u have is a black screen with root functionality.the only thing on it is enough programs to get u to build ur own system, and a install.txt file with the ls command in /root.

i would love to keep it advanced, as i had so much fun creating and building it from the ground up. however, some others like to check out different operating systems just as i do. so here is a quick run video from youtube u can watch, in the first 2 minutes that tell you what to get with the ArchLinux pacman utility. then download from github.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLh44czUea0

this script allows u to have a terminal based install, and also, within each category, it makes it a little bit easy to install the programs u want or will need.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:01:03 PM by DarkTiger »
meaning_of_life(){

while (tacos == tasty)
        DarkTiger += fat;

return indigestion;
}

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Re: Easy Arch Linux Install Script
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 05:48:55 AM »
He does alright.. Probably a good idea to search the forum before creating duplicates threads :P ./lilo is great but ./fifo will install too much imo.. I will post some cool alternatives soon..

I will have an ArchLinux section opened so we can keep it all in order.. Thanks for sharing