July 26, 2017, 07:39:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

"640 K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates

Author Topic: ArchWiki & Disowned Packages  (Read 685 times)

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
ArchWiki & Disowned Packages
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:59 AM »
Hey Peeps,

So a few things I have to say about the ArchWiki. First off, It's packed with information, hint's & tips, patches etc.. All of the things we have come to expect and it's great, Don't get me wrong but due to Arch being a rolling release, a number of threads & posts have become outdated somewhat & will lead to you having to find an alternative workaround.

This is also the case with certain packages in the AUR, Don't give up, the fix or alternative IS around with the correct google-fu you will have it no time. Or ask here :D

I am in noway bashing the Arch team, I fully understand that due to the rolling nature it's tougher to keep the Wiki 'bleeding'. Just a heads up for beginners who may find it somewhat frustrating. The Arch community is a great, quick to respond community of a mixture of members from all over the world.

Regards,

Offline arch3y

• Prospect
  • Internets: +4/-0
    • ArchAssault Project
Re: ArchWiki & Disowned Packages
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »
To be fair to the archteam, it is quite difficult to maintain the docs as fast as a rolling release distro changes. As well the aur is community maintained and archlinux does not concern themselves with the tools or scripts in aur.