May 29, 2017, 03:42:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

"640 K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates

Author Topic: Custom Build with Archiso  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Custom Build with Archiso
« on: October 16, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »
Hey Peeps,

Over the years it seems there have been many variations how you achieve a custom/minimal build of Arch, Unfortunately many of them have are no longer supported. One that still supported to date is Archiso "This is great for special interest live CDs" FULL CREDIT to djgera

The documentation of Archiso is superb and will reduce this post length as you can follow it very easily. Don't forget or skip this step I find the 'dirty' fix (append -i before "-c -d -G -M" here & here) is quick and simple but sways from "The Arch Way" imo. Also if you want to build a specific architecture you will have to edit your build.sh here & here to reflect either i686 or x86_64.

You will notice by default your package list(s) will contain entries already, nmap is one i find weird, Point being they aren't there by default because they are needed or critical packages so a lot can be removed..

The sky's the limit from here on in, Mess with the package lists and see what your mind can create. From slim rescue builds to fully blown KDE that wreaks havoc :P For example you could add the ArchAssault Repos.

It's all up to you. Go Tame that biARCH!

Regards

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Re: Custom Build with Archiso
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »
Here's some awesome video footage of "How To Use Archiso" presented by midfingr.

Part 1: Install

Part 2: Customize

Well presented, Easy to understand. Also great for those who learn better from video too.

Offline arch3y

• Prospect
  • Internets: +4/-0
    • ArchAssault Project
Re: Custom Build with Archiso
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:44:28 AM »
If you want to see more customization and a working setup, feel free to checkout the archassault-iso repo https://github.com/ArchAssault-Project/archassault-iso, its a little out dated but its a good example