April 23, 2017, 08:30:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses” -- Henry Ford

Author Topic: Virtual Desktops in Windows 10  (Read 524 times)

Offline IdkImw

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
  • Internets: +5/-0
Virtual Desktops in Windows 10
« on: October 16, 2014, 11:04:51 PM »
The implementation of Virtual desktops in Windows 10 seems a little strange to me..

The apps that are open in a particular virtual desktop are shown as open in other virtual desktops as well, albeit with a small bar beneath the app icon in the taskbar indicating that it is opened in another virtual desktop.

I thought virtual desktops are supposed to segregate workspaces ? As in each virtual desktop having a different instance of an application ?

Or am I wrong in my thinking haha. I am new to Virtual Desktops, how does the ones in Linux function ?  :o

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Re: Virtual Desktops in Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 11:38:49 PM »
Workspaces allow you to manage which windows are on your screen. You can imagine workspaces as being virtual screens, which you can switch between at any time. Every workspace contains the same desktop, the same panels, and the same menus. However, you can run different applications, and open different windows in each workspace. The applications in each workspace will remain there when you switch to other workspaces.

Workspaces enable you to organize the Desktop when you run many applications at the same time. One way to use workspaces is to allocate a specific function to each workspace: one for email, one for web browsing, one for graphic design, etc. However, everyone has their own preference and you are in no way restricted to only using workspaces like this.

See more