May 24, 2017, 02:43:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The user's going to pick dancing pigs over security every time. -- Bruce Schneier

Author Topic: Paramiko SSH backdoor  (Read 1932 times)

Offline w33nd0x

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +19/-0
Re: Paramiko SSH backdoor
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 01:17:52 AM »
Woah hope I didn't start this. Maybe forget I spoke/said anything, that might be better.

P.S - Totally agree with you both OE and GBM, I certainly wasn't paranoid. I guess we are all smart enough to open/play with these types of things anyway so I probably should have just shut up. As you were :) I'm all for living life on the edge and glad to see new potential members post things, just thought out loud for a bit there, my bad :D

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +94/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 05:19:48 AM »
It's very important to check code before using. Kind of reverse engineering :)
For me this is not hacking tool, this is sys administration tool with sexy usage/name. This tool don't have any sign of backoor, you can use it after editing code on your side, if not you will open door for this dude and his log in credentials :).

Right on ZER0F! Thank you for that!

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +94/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 05:23:24 AM »
GBM & 0E, that makes sense. We do have rules for "Posting Distros or Operating Systems".
The main rules should have covered tools, but maybe having something with bullet points or the like on "Tool Posting Guidelines and Tool Using Guidelines" Admins and Mods, we will continue this in a different topic.  :)
Thank you all for your input!