December 16, 2017, 08:18:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

There are two rules for success: #1 Never Tell Everything You Know.

Author Topic: Penetration Testers Framework  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Grey-Matter

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +57/-0
Penetration Testers Framework
« on: May 16, 2015, 06:43:07 AM »
Hey guys, here's a little script/tool i just stumbled across on n0where.net (aka CyberPunk)
Here's the cyberpunk link where i found it
Here's the git where you can find the actual project

Here's the git for anybody who might just wanna clone it. I recommend at least checking it out @ one of those links first tho since i have tested it myself yet. Just browsin before i go to sleep and i stumbled upon it

git clone https://github.com/trustedsec/ptf.git

The PenTesters Framework (PTF)
A TrustedSec Project - Copyright 2015
Written by: David Kennedy (@HackingDave)
https://www.trustedsec.com
Twitter: @TrustedSec, @HackingDave
The PenTesters Framework (PTF) is a Python script designed for Debian/Ubuntu based distributions to create a similar and familiar distribution for Penetration Testing. As pentesters, we've been accustom to the /pentest/ directories or our own toolsets that we want to keep up-to-date all of the time. We have those "go to" tools that we use on a regular basis, and using the latest and greatest is important.
PTF attempts to install all of your penetration testing tools (latest and greatest), compile them, build them, and make it so that you can install/update your distribution on any machine. Everything is organized in a fashion that is cohesive to the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES) and eliminates a lot of things that are hardly used. PTF simplifies installation and packaging and creates an entire pentest framework for you. Since this is a framework, you can configure and add as you see fit. We commonly see internally developed repos that you can use as well as part of this framework. It's all up to you.

Peace out!!!!  :P

Edit: Before anybody asks, i didn't post the code for it cuz it's more than one python script. The actual "ptf" is just a few lines that calls on the scripts in the other folders.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:01:40 AM by Grey-Matter »

Offline Grey-Matter

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
Re: Penetration Testers Framework
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 09:57:50 PM »
So i actually had a chance to play around with it a bit. It's basically a framework that runs similar to the msfconsole, except it's main function is to install the tools you want from their git repo's.

By default, it installs everything in /pentest like the old Backtrack's. You can change this to /Opt or anything else you want, but i kept it default since it doesn't affect anything outside the directory.

I've only used it in RTLE3 so far, but installing all the tools included with it (which isn't a crazy amount), didn't break or affect any of the installs of those same tools that are baked into the RTLE distro.

It's also designed for you to add your own modules of whatever your favorite git repo tools are and organize em by folder. Seems pretty handy for keeping all your personal favorites installable and updatable without worrying about breaking the distro.

Anyway just figured i'd follow up on my original post since i hadn't had a chance to play with it yet...

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 04:05:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing

Offline b4b3w

• s!nCe 1995
  • Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:59:37 AM »
nice share ;D
Security is an Illusion
the Matrix has you...

Offline Vector

• Prospect
  • Internets: +10/-24
    • @AntiSec_Inc
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
Interesting thanks for the share, personally however i prefer PentestBox, it's a portable penetration testing framework which can be used on Windows, i have Kali in VM obviously but i actually like PentestBox better besides PentestBox comes with all linux utilities, curl, wget, cat, grep etc. It comes with bash as well and serves as a SSH client. It includes tools for everything from information gathering, vulnerability scanning, exploitation(Web app, back end, OS), wireless attacks, reverse engineering, hash cracking, android security and more. It's fully customisable, with your own tools, it runs python and ruby scripts and since it comes with Bash shellscripts can be ran with it as well, it integrates with the host OS as well so Windows commands and batch files can be run without issue as well. Furthermore it's extensible with the Metasploit Framework wghich i have done. Together with my set of custom tools and a number of selected scripts from github it is easily one of the most versatile and powerful pentesting frameworks out there.

https://pentestbox.com/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:18:46 PM by Vector »
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality"

Sm3gal

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »
Hey guys, here's a little script/tool i just stumbled across on n0where.net (aka CyberPunk)
Here's the cyberpunk link where i found it
Here's the git where you can find the actual project

Here's the git for anybody who might just wanna clone it. I recommend at least checking it out @ one of those links first tho since i have tested it myself yet. Just browsin before i go to sleep and i stumbled upon it

git clone https://github.com/trustedsec/ptf.git

The PenTesters Framework (PTF)
A TrustedSec Project - Copyright 2015
Written by: David Kennedy (@HackingDave)
https://www.trustedsec.com
Twitter: @TrustedSec, @HackingDave
The PenTesters Framework (PTF) is a Python script designed for Debian/Ubuntu based distributions to create a similar and familiar distribution for Penetration Testing. As pentesters, we've been accustom to the /pentest/ directories or our own toolsets that we want to keep up-to-date all of the time. We have those "go to" tools that we use on a regular basis, and using the latest and greatest is important.
PTF attempts to install all of your penetration testing tools (latest and greatest), compile them, build them, and make it so that you can install/update your distribution on any machine. Everything is organized in a fashion that is cohesive to the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES) and eliminates a lot of things that are hardly used. PTF simplifies installation and packaging and creates an entire pentest framework for you. Since this is a framework, you can configure and add as you see fit. We commonly see internally developed repos that you can use as well as part of this framework. It's all up to you.

Peace out!!!!  :P

Edit: Before anybody asks, i didn't post the code for it cuz it's more than one python script. The actual "ptf" is just a few lines that calls on the scripts in the other folders.

isn't trusedsec the same ppl behind SET

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 06:59:03 AM »
isn't trusedsec the same ppl behind SET

Yes . Dave Kennedy

Offline Grey-Matter

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 06:02:29 AM »
Yeah it is. It's still very actively developed too. It seems like every time i check my email there's a cpl updates to the git for new modules  or functionality they added. I'm a kali skiddy so i haven't tried it out since i posted that update. Seems useful tho if u like other distro's better