September 19, 2017, 10:48:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

If you are not part of the solution...You are part of the precipitate.

Author Topic: Compatible Wireless Interfaces  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +18/-7
  • #!/bin/sh Day/Night (Grey Hat)
Re: Compatible Wireless Interfaces
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »
what I mean is something like this.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Rp8rxc3IL.jpg

Need one that works good with airecrack suit and has the antena like the link above. That way I could add a bigger one in case I need more wifi range.
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  Hope that Firewall works because your SCREWED  
  //*

Offline PhunGus

• Mycelium
  • Enthusiast
  • Internets: +0/-0
  • I am not a bot
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 11:48:05 AM »
You could always buy that one and test it.  But as I said earlier I never really needed any of the whomper cool antennas I had for my older cards so why bother buying them?
CEH, CISM, CISA, CISSP, CCFE, CRISC, etc.

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +96/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Hello Malachai the Realtek RTL8191su antenna looks like it did have some issues with ubuntu back in 2011. I also know that we have had some issues with the THS-OS and an internal RTL8191, although it may be different with an external one. I know that the majority of the external Alfa antennas work... R4V3N has a few, but I would have to ask him which ones they are.

Haha, why buy a tricked out anything...? Cause they are fun! We have to have our toys....
A computer is only as strong as its user! -R4v3n

Offline tonyhewson

• Prospect
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:15:04 AM »
Didn't they add more drivers than before and also got some new cards to inject. 

What I find interesting is some cards will work part way.  What I mean is I have an on-board broadcom WiFi card  that can get into monitor mode.  I can use it for airbase no problem.  If I want to inject I just plug in my alpha's and I am good to go.  Several lists of cards that can inject are already surfacing and people will migrate towards the most successful.  I mean wep is for show anymore any way. 

There are many new ways to work with wpa especially with the vulnerability of the wps key.  Injection is used primarily to quicken the outcome on a few of them. I think in the broader scope, a list of the most common cards and how they can be used would be useful.  I think if a complete analysis was done it would be amazing to see what can actually be done with some of those cards.  Within the list of course you would have the ones that can inject.

People are working on how to intercept the 4 way handshake in real time and I am pretty sure it can be done by the nature of the ieee spec. Yet I'm more inclined to  think its going to be done when a device leaves the network instead of trying to get on.  That is a topic for another post.

Thanks
Tony

Offline Kman987

• Prospect
  • "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish." -Steve Jobs
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
Should I buy the Alpha 036H or the 036NH?

Offline n1tr0g3n

• Super Elite
  • Internets: +63/-2
  • MCSA, MCP, MCTS, DCSE, CE/H, ACSP, N+,A+, CWSP
    • n1tr0g3n Information Security Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
Not the N version just the normal Alfa....Theres real compatibility issues with the drivers of the N version so i would stick with the normal one.    ;)
"It's mind over matter, If you don't have a mind then it doesn't matter

Youtube  Channnel
http://www.youtube.com/user/n1tr0g3n0x1d3
Twitter  https://twitter.com/n1tr0g3n_com
http://www.n1tr0g3n.com  
http://teamctfu.weebly.com/

Offline wildbill

• Prospect
  • Internets: +1/-1
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 02:52:26 PM »
I purchased a flat wifi antenna through a china seller on ebay and encluded Benini tiny core linux software and really works good for wep. Boots from the CD drive and easy to use. the antenna having receiver built into antenna makes it really sensitive and still testing..
Pictures are of antenna inside. the first is antenna board removed and second is top of antenna  see plastic cover laying behind.
Usb wire needs a booster every 15 ft. I use 30 ft of wire.
I am a radio engineer and want to say the USB arangement is best plan to keep looses down at 2.4 ghz.

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 11:26:58 PM »
Luke, I think that we are going to wait a few months and see what goes on with Backtrack and Kali. If Backtrack is no longer being supported and Kali is the new Backtrack then we don't want to update the list for BT5 R3 and have to re-update it a few days later for Kali instead as it is very labor intensive to find out which cards work.

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
I purchased a flat wifi antenna through a china seller on ebay and encluded Benini tiny core linux software and really works good for wep. Boots from the CD drive and easy to use. the antenna having receiver built into antenna makes it really sensitive and still testing..
Pictures are of antenna inside. the first is antenna board removed and second is top of antenna  see plastic cover laying behind.
Usb wire needs a booster every 15 ft. I use 30 ft of wire.
I am a radio engineer and want to say the USB arangement is best plan to keep looses down at 2.4 ghz.
Very sweet. That brings the meaning of "compatible wireless interfaces" to a new level  ;D

Offline wildbill

• Prospect
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 10:59:26 AM »
Just purchased a outdoor wifi USB unit from china will give a report when received . Want to use on RV as hotspots provided to customers in some parks are weak and sitting in office sucks.

Offline Gingerbread Man

• *High Tech Low-life*
  • Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +93/-0
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
Sheesh...

Looks like you could pop popcorn with that thing...

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
Damm that seems like a big one... You will have to let us know how it works, and what it looks like when you receive it.
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  //*

Offline wildbill

• Prospect
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Received the USB outdoor wifi antenna and has good  receive sensitivity. Attached is pictures of disassembled antenna. I added a copper enclosure around transceiver shield against back receiving. Have sucessfully tested tranceivers in my area and gained access using this antenna . It came with a cd with linux and windows software.  ;D

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »
if you don't mind me asking but why did you add the copper enclosure ? Was it for weather issue or better signal?
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  //*

mm96631

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
if you don't mind me asking but why did you add the copper enclosure ? Was it for weather issue or better signal?

from my understanding it is for signal quality, he is basically making it a directional antenna by blocking ( or mostly blocking ) one of the two direct directions.