April 23, 2017, 08:26:06 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

You Did *NOT* Just Win a Nigerian Lottery...

Author Topic: Using proxifier with VMware.  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Vector

• Prospect
  • Internets: +10/-24
    • @AntiSec_Inc
Using proxifier with VMware.
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:25:01 AM »
So i was fucking around with Kali in VMware and i figured instead of using proxychains on my virtual machine why not go ahead and run my host's connection through TOR using proxifier. My proxifier is configured correctly (127.0.0.1:9150) however when i tried to connect to the internet through my virtual box my connection wasn't going over TOR.

I got my VMware network connection configured to bridge with the option to replicate the physical connection state turned on. I tried configuring to NAT as well but that didn't seem to help. If worse comes to worse i can always stick to using proxychains but i was wondering if there was a way to fix this.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality"

Offline doctane

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +14/-0
  • Never should of trusted hollywood!
    • Public key
Re: Using proxifier with VMware.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 06:28:28 AM »
You looked into using whonix gateway and whonix workstation. 
Even if you don't use them.  You could see how they do the connections and networking.

https://www.whonix.org/

---
Don't blink, don't move. You feel that, as your worries fade away? You hear that? That's the Sound of Madness, calling for you!

Offline Vector

• Prospect
  • Internets: +10/-24
    • @AntiSec_Inc
Re: Using proxifier with VMware.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 06:34:13 PM »
You looked into using whonix gateway and whonix workstation. 
Even if you don't use them.  You could see how they do the connections and networking.

https://www.whonix.org/

Thanks i'll have a look.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality"