May 26, 2017, 03:42:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses” -- Henry Ford

Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 1342 times)

Offline TAPE

• Top Hat Member Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +192/-0
Windows 10
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:54:07 AM »
Heya guys,

Since Win10 has been pestering me on several PCs to upgrade 'for free' I was interested to hear what the forum users' experience has been with this.

Has anyone taken the plunge and liked it ?

My PCs that are running Win7 are deffo not gonna get changed, but am wondering about upgrading those I have running Win8  ..

Would love to hear some feedback on what the pros / cons are to Win10 and any tips you may have in making
it more secure and less invasive (Cortana..)
Take all the advice you like and then tell everyone to **** off and do your own thing -- Gitsnik

Offline yashar26

• Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +76/-2
  • Sec+, CEH v8, eCPPT Gold, eWAPT
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:51:32 AM »
I ve got it on all my machines here, I personally like it.
Its fast, stable and very secure.
Yes, alot of information is send over to microsoft but there are ways to disable most of that.
I d say, test it on one machine, and make your mind up ;)

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +94/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:10:04 AM »
I know some people who have had no problems updating to Win 10, and others who have had to wait upwards of 24hrs for the update to complete and others where their computer froze completely and the update didn't take. So I think right now there are some bugs MS is still working out.

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »
Stop being tracked by windows 7,8,10 http://www.bgr.com/2015/08/28/windows-10-features-spying-windows-7-8/
^^ Is the future imo. What will we do when they discontinue Win7.. Time to bite the bullet and update & get used to tracking!
"People try to keep their past, like kind of holding on to their past. Every Springsteen song talks about that."

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 05:52:14 AM »
I updated most of my machines to win 10 . So far i like it.
The only issue i had was with my main pc with 4 gpus . It seemed like it downgraded the gpu driver and was causing issues..

It will aslo let you revert back to your old operating system any time so thats nice. 

Stop being tracked by windows 7,8,10 http://www.bgr.com/2015/08/28/windows-10-features-spying-windows-7-8/
^^ Is the future imo. What will we do when they discontinue Win7.. Time to bite the bullet and update & get used to tracking!

You are right, everything we buy now tracks everything you do .. bunch of BS . 

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Re: dev/null
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 04:49:10 PM »
Since we already have a thread in regards to how intelligent it is to use Microsoft products, may I help you over to the warmer side of Linux..... Only you can benefit

Sheehuuur