June 24, 2017, 03:33:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

Author Topic: Wifi-Pumpkin (MiTM)  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Grey-Matter

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +57/-0
Wifi-Pumpkin (MiTM)
« on: January 24, 2016, 02:34:06 AM »
Grey-Matter's fumbling attempt at sharing something.......TAKE 4!!!!

Sup every1. So i came across this tool like a week or 2 ago and thought it was kinda cool. I know there's other options for mitmtools (bettercap, mana, fruitywifi), but i really like the way it packs all the mitm options, tools, and functionality, into a little Network-Manager-ish gui. It used to be called 3vilTwinAttacker in case any of you have already seen/used it b4.

The core of it is basically the evil AP some1 would use for a mitm attack. Opening the python script and clicking start will accomplish this right off the bat. I screenshotted every window and most menu's so you could see what i'm talking about. I've gotten just about everything to work except sslstrip. But sslstrip hates me so i think its an error on my end. Anyway, here's the git and the screenshots. Peace

https://github.com/P0cL4bs/WiFi-Pumpkin

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:04:00 AM by Grey-Matter »

Offline D4rk-50ld13r

• Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +189/-0
  • I will hack for beer.
    • http://www.ghostsec.org/
Re: Wifi-Pumpkin (MiTM)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 03:25:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing Gray :)
Did you try it on Kali-2016 ? did you manage to install it ? was there any repo conflicts ???
I toke a look at the installer script and seems to me that some dependencies are out of date !!!
For instance, if i run the installer on Kali-2016  based on Debian Testing , " The future Debian 9 " ,
The script will throw some errors such as :
Debian Wheezy repositories ! " Not available in Kali " but we can fix that by editing the repo.
Isc-Dhcp server !!! the script is calling for V 4.3.1-6  , when the current one is V 4.3.3 !!!! " We can fix that as well.
Then , putting wlan interface into monitor , causes Network-Manager to lose connection !!
The tool is designed to work on Kali V1 , i doubt it will on Kali-2016 !!!
I dont know !!! these are only my 2 cents , but sure the tool is a great work  :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:29:13 AM by D4rk-50ld13r »
If you sat a monkey down in front of a keyboard, the first thing typed would be
a unix command.

Offline ch3rn0byl

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +1337/-0
  • Grumpy Old Man with Mounds of Salt
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 06:44:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing Gray :)
Did you try it on Kali-2016 ? did you manage to install it ? was there any repo conflicts ???
I toke a look at the installer script and seems to me that some dependencies are out of date !!!
For instance, if i run the installer on Kali-2016  based on Debian Testing , " The future Debian 9 " ,
The script will throw some errors such as :
Debian Wheezy repositories ! " Not available in Kali " but we can fix that by editing the repo.
Isc-Dhcp server !!! the script is calling for V 4.3.1-6  , when the current one is V 4.3.3 !!!! " We can fix that as well.
Then , putting wlan interface into monitor , causes Network-Manager to lose connection !!
The tool is designed to work on Kali V1 , i doubt it will on Kali-2016 !!!
I dont know !!! these are only my 2 cents , but sure the tool is a great work  :)

I just did right now. No dep-errors of any sort. I can surf the web on the connected comp, and on my vm hosting kali.
The quieter you become, the more you are unlikely to sound stupid.

Offline Grey-Matter

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +57/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »
Hey D4rk. Sorry, went to sleep after i posted that. Yeah, Kali is my main OS right now. I haven't upgraded to the rolling-repo yet, cuz i tried it b4 it was 'official' and it broke my install like a month ago. But i have wifi-pumpkin installed and there hasn't been any issue's from installation or using it.

Edit: most of those requirements are python and are pip-installed if you didn't notice in the git's readme. that might be the issue's ur noticing :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:22:14 PM by Grey-Matter »

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +95/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »
+1 for sharing GM  :)