June 28, 2017, 03:41:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

THS Promising Student Scholarship has been introduced! Full and partial scholarships available. See http://www.top-hat-sec.com/scholarships.html for more details

Author Topic: Hello THS!  (Read 972 times)

Offline xela

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
  • from future import hacker
Hello THS!
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
Hello THS! I'm a hacker from the future making his introduction as a noob, Thank you for for welcoming me in this community!

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
Re: Hello THS!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum .

Offline ch3rn0byl

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +1337/-0
  • Grumpy Old Man with Mounds of Salt
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »
Soo...give us an intro! What do you like? Whats your fave subject?? Know any languages?? Do you have a boss comp?? etc etc
The quieter you become, the more you are unlikely to sound stupid.

Offline xela

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
  • from future import hacker
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 05:12:01 PM »
I'm from Romania currently living in us CA. I'm a gamer(dota2),  not long ago I start looking in this field, and discover the 'paths' ; I'm interested in network security / software development. I don't know any language, trying to learn python and sql, I'm planning to take one of the courses THS has to offer. I do not know what is a boss comp?

as far as my general knowledge goes, I know the basics enough to make me able to learn more.

Offline ch3rn0byl

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +1337/-0
  • Grumpy Old Man with Mounds of Salt
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »
I'm from Romania currently living in us CA. I'm a gamer(dota2),  not long ago I start looking in this field, and discover the 'paths' ; I'm interested in network security / software development. I don't know any language, trying to learn python and sql, I'm planning to take one of the courses THS has to offer. I do not know what is a boss comp?

as far as my general knowledge goes, I know the basics enough to make me able to learn more.

Boss comp as in kickass comp
You'll learn quite a bit here that's for sure. I haven't taken any of the courses here but peeps like havok have taken them. inside chat, if theyre names are orange, they have taken a course that ths hosts.
be active! kick ass! a perfect world for me would be to steer you nigs out of using metasploit or creating your own stuff. that would be sick :)
also, if you make a post asking for help...please include the (multiple) steps you have taken to troubleshoot. whenever i see someone about to spoonfeed, i slap that spoon out of that persons hand and shove your face in your mess :)
other than that, welcome! be active and provide feedback :)
The quieter you become, the more you are unlikely to sound stupid.

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 06:32:48 PM »
lol i think CH3rn has been stuck inside a debugger a bit too long  :P ..

The courses are great, raven is a really good teacher and make it very easy to learn. You wont be disappointed.

Offline c0ldg0ld

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +34/-0
    • Public Key
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 08:29:21 PM »
Welcome Xela,

If you hang around long enough you'll get to know ch3rn0byl and h4v0k pretty well, they are always around.  I've taken several of the courses but unlike h4v0k I've yet to do any of the tests!  That reminds me, I need to get on that!  Once I pass a cert my name will turn Orange too.  The courses are very helpful and helped me to learn a few skills that I'd always put off because they intimidated me.  You'll find this a good source of knowledge.
rm -rf /bin/laden

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Public Key

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +18/-7
  • #!/bin/sh Day/Night (Grey Hat)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 08:47:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You will see a lot of good info on the site. The courses are good to take so you could learn the right way. If you have any questions just ask away..
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  Hope that Firewall works because your SCREWED  
  //*

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +95/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
Welcome to the Forum xela!