May 23, 2017, 11:41:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Alleged Owner -- https://goo.gl/FRHbEJ

Author Topic: Chat  (Read 1564 times)

Offline R4v3N

• Administrator
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +160/-1
  • The googles and the metasploits...
    • Top-Hat-Sec
Chat
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:09:21 AM »
Hey guys,

Right now we are experimenting with a new chat system called chatwee. The old chat is having issues with our recent upgrade to SMF 2.0.12. Chatwee has a lot of features and im honestly considering making it work with the site. The issue right now is the free edition only allows for 5 users. So most of you will not be able to see it. It does allow file sharing and a bunch of other things that admin's can use. It does look fresh and clean which is good. So if you do not see the chat, google chatwee. I will make a decision if we are going to subscribe to the service or not soon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 10:11:33 AM by R4v3N »

Offline R4v3N

• Administrator
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +160/-1
  • The googles and the metasploits...
    • Top-Hat-Sec
Re: Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:28:58 AM »
Chat update,

So after checking out the SMF mods for chat options, we are looking extremely limited. This chatmee/chatwee thing is about the only thing that is integrating with the forum. For you guys, I would recommend currently clicking on it (should be at the bottom right of your screen). You might have to clear cache. But you have the option to login with twitter, facebook, etc etc. For those of you who do not want to do that, you need to login as Guest and then type in your name.

Its added onto the forum but its not really apart of the forum where it can use our user credentials. We are using the free version right now which means that only 5 users can be on at a time. I can upgrade that to 25, 50, etc etc. It just depends on how many of you guys are using the chat at one time. I am not on the forum much these days so you guys would need to fill me in on your input.

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +18/-7
  • #!/bin/sh Day/Night (Grey Hat)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 05:49:55 PM »
I know for me I check at least twice a week to see what people are talking about.
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  Hope that Firewall works because your SCREWED  
  //*

Offline TAPE

• Top Hat Member Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +192/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »
the revert to original chat is good as far as I can see.

What is not good is the scrolling lag.. not sure where that is coming from, but there is a definite lag in vertical scrolling.
Take all the advice you like and then tell everyone to **** off and do your own thing -- Gitsnik