Operating systems Discussion > BackTrack Linux

Reaver in bt5r2 , same pin.

(1/6) > >>

masonx:
Hello, I running reaver in bt5r2 and it seems to be working except , ...every time it displays "Trying Pin 12345670"its always the same pin 12345670. Is it not working correctly ?  That same pin showed up at least a dozen times also 0.00 % complete. Im still learning so be patient please. Thanks

wireless usb card awus036h
started wlan0 , checked injection ...working
monitor mode enabled mon0
used command reaver -i mon0 -b XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -vv

Duane:
Hi Masonx, I've had the same problem with Reaver, I cracked my AP the first time in 6 hours but that's the only time it's been successful.  Sometimes it will start off great then stop in the middle, other times it does the same thing that yours did.  In my opinion, Reaver is just plain flaky. 

3therk1ll:
Reaver works fine, what you're experiencing is more likely to be a security feature of the AP, it's detecting the brute force and locking out your Mac, I found this difficuilty whilst testing on a Belkin router, try setting timeouts and breaks in the attack, look at the router as well, the one I tested displayed a red flashing light when the attack began to fail/was detected. Also, for the original post, make sure WPS mode is enabled on the router or the attack doesn't work.
If for some reason that doesn't work, try spoofing your mac address 'macchanger -r #your_interface#'
if you stop an attack, reaver will pick up where you left off.

jroy08:

--- Quote from: masonx on June 11, 2012, 11:05:24 PM ---Hello, I running reaver in bt5r2 and it seems to be working except , ...every time it displays "Trying Pin 12345670"its always the same pin 12345670. Is it not working correctly ?  That same pin showed up at least a dozen times also 0.00 % complete. Im still learning so be patient please. Thanks

wireless usb card awus036h
started wlan0 , checked injection ...working
monitor mode enabled mon0
used command reaver -i mon0 -b XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -vv

--- End quote ---

That particular pin is the one reaver always starts with. In your case it never got past the first pin. It may be a security feature as suggested, but wps security does behave oddly sometimes. With reaver I have never had much success with a router that is in the same room as me. I have however had a lot of success on routers that were some distance away. Like mentioned be sure wps is enabled, but if it wasn't I don't think reaver would get past the association. I also have had more success when starting, stopping and restarting reaver periodically.

3therk1ll:
Just to be clear, I muddled the two together before...
1) Stopping halfway, more likely to be a security feature as the AP realises it is coming under attack, -t option to initiate timeouts to make attack less obvious. Consider using -d to delay between pin attempts for the same reason or if the AP security periodically locks out WPS pin attempts, set the option -l (time in seconds).
2)Not starting, WPS not enabled, stopping Reaver from being able to work full stop.

Like jroy08 said, stopping and starting helps, but it is possibly an issue with inbuilt AP timeouts, try the above commands. I have never had Reaver fail once I worked out each routers quirks, even with those directly next to my interface, possibly again, idiosyncrasies in different router types.
Just keep experimenting with different AP's/conditions/settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version