Operating systems Discussion > BackTrack Linux

WPS locked

(1/2) > >>

pegasus:
Hi!

Using reaver 1.4 on BT 5 R2, I tried with two WPA networks, but after a short period of time routers locked WPS, permanently.
My question is, how to prevent this? I saw command in one video, with 60 seconds delay, but it seems that it is not suitable. Command:

--- Code: ---reaver -i mon0 -f -c (TYPE IN THE CHANNEL #) -b (PASTE TARGET BSSID) -vv -x 60
--- End code ---

Will the router still lock after a while if I increase delay time? On what period of time, if no?
Or is there another way to prevent this, some other command?

n1tr0g3n:
Hey Pegasus check out this page 

http://code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/issues/detail?id=125

towards the bottom of the page there's a few different switches you could try. I even saw one using the
"--ignore -locks"  command. I'm not sure if the fix is on the page but its worth a shot from what I was reading up on. Hope this helps..

imjojo:
mdk3 has a pretty effective option in case the AP locks. Beware! Using that option may and most likely reset all AP's around you, unless you specify a specific AP.

--- Code: ---mdk3 mon0 a -s 1000
--- End code ---
It only takes about 10 seconds to reset an AP. But if you let it run for about 1 hr attacking all AP's, by the time you stop some of the AP's will be in default settings. Much easier to guess the passphrase!!! :-)

shrinivasmurthi:
@imjojo friend can u please elaborate on use of mdk3 ??

GalaxyNinja:

--- Quote from: imjojo on December 04, 2013, 03:07:16 PM ---mdk3 has a pretty effective option in case the AP locks. Beware! Using that option may and most likely reset all AP's around you, unless you specify a specific AP.

--- Code: ---mdk3 mon0 a -s 1000
--- End code ---
It only takes about 10 seconds to reset an AP. But if you let it run for about 1 hr attacking all AP's, by the time you stop some of the AP's will be in default settings. Much easier to guess the passphrase!!! :-)

--- End quote ---
Of course this method would seem to be for targeting AP's someone didn't have permission for and would anger quite a few neighbors. We do not endorse or approve of this at THS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version