January 22, 2018, 06:21:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Alleged Owner -- https://goo.gl/FRHbEJ

Author Topic: MadSec OS BETA 2  (Read 9665 times)

Offline darkc0d3

• YOU CANNOT KILL AN IDEA
  • Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +35/-0
Re: MadSec OS BETA
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »
There is a no serious problem, as I said above, the distributions showed me a similar problem, but with the second or third attempt to overtake. it is a problem of the installer, has not appeared on only to your own distribution. Do not worry.
You have done a great job mate .... RESPECT !!!!  :) :)
''When you have the knowledge you are a king, share the knowledge and you are God''
darkc0d3

Offline kafteras

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 05:12:48 AM »
Well im using it right now..

Like THS-Apollo, all i want is a nice theme and the arsenal to work. i must say that i still didnt try any pentesting but from what i saw everything works and thats the important thing.

Goodjob Luke . keep it up.

Offline darkc0d3

• YOU CANNOT KILL AN IDEA
  • Top Hat Member
  • Elite
  • Internets: +35/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 06:33:12 AM »
Hey look, I'm sorry for the delay. unable to remove the picture. But I will explain what happened. reached up to the installation of the tab you choose the keyboard language English - EnglishUS, After that I had to pull the tab on the Create my account and after that to get me out to the page you pick the picture, This is the right way.
But instead of this, it failed to create accounts and took me straight to the tabs to choose photo. This is the reason that had stuck and not go further.
my self made ​​three times and three times he was forced to cancel the installation.
Like I said before and what, this has happened and Joined other distributions, and not only for me but also to other members, for this reason, and in my humble opinion, it is a bug of the installer.
but the fourth time I do not creationists problem and the installation was done properly. From now on, there have been but two problems. The first has to do with the card WiFi, I had no network , by giving the commands iwconfig in terminal,  I do not display any card WiFi,  this problem as I had first met at D4rkn1t3-OS-F2 Final, The solution we found was his upgrades to the kernel at 3.5.0.30, I noticed that you got the 3.5.0.25, So I decided to try upgrading the kernel, is in four  Deb files,  network not need, but unfortunately I had no luck, I took my Software Center message that some dependence missing .... (My card is  intel 4965AGN  Driver iwl4965). So without network not be able to test the tools or whatever.
The last problem I had, was on the English language on the keyboard (U.S. English) some symbols letters and numbers are mixed, but writes on your keyboard and other exits.
The problem I saw this for the first time in Bugtraq2 Debian version and did the following.
The combination keys Fn - Ins Numlk  Restores letters symbols and numbers in the right place at keyboard. and MADSEC they do.
What the hell's wrong I have no idea, silly problems,
Well Luke I do not want to tire you other, these currently.
has all the time in front of you.
the Malachai He was right for the wrong time, but the world does not begin and end with craptrack.
Most important is the job and the distributions we make all of you.  :D  :D

Greetings
''When you have the knowledge you are a king, share the knowledge and you are God''
darkc0d3

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +18/-7
  • #!/bin/sh Day/Night (Grey Hat)
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 08:43:19 AM »
Hey Luke did you get my pm regarding your OS?
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  Hope that Firewall works because your SCREWED  
  //*

Offline em3rgency

• Elite
  • Internets: +36/-3
  • OSWP SQLi N+
    • Security Research
Re: MadSec OS BETA 2
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 06:46:36 AM »
try and cut back on bumping your own thread please.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:53:09 AM by em3rgency »

My other computer is your computer.

Offline Persistence

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
  • Internets: +9/-1
  • listen and learn then hack
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 02:48:07 AM »
Hi There,

Just a message to say that I was impressed with your OS.

Maybe not as tool rich as others but everything works straight out of the box when I installed.

Its not often metasploit/armitage and Co work and are updated straight up.
Loved the Conky display more time saved when not looking for this info.

Regards,

Richo
Custom Hayabusa's Rule
and so does Linux/Metasploit/THS

Offline Persistence

• Top Hat Member
  • Enthusiast
  • Internets: +9/-1
  • listen and learn then hack
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »
yes battery everything works great...Ive even intergrated Kali into your system hope you don't mind.
They play nice together and I'm running it all as root to boot.
You have done a nice job..keep it up.

My skills need a bit of fine tuning before Ill even attempt as OS.

Attached is screenshot.

Ill probably do some more mods to the OS as well..can't help myself.

Regards,

Richo
Custom Hayabusa's Rule
and so does Linux/Metasploit/THS

Offline Joshua

• CISSP, CCNA Sec,& Others
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +4/-1
  • Want to play a game?
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 06:55:33 AM »
I've got it running as installed into VirtualBox and as a live CD on virtual box. I have the VBox additions installed fine - don't forget to add the headers first.

When setting up a VM, create a HD at 18G or larger. The install requires 17.5G to install

I do see the grub /cow error on the Live CD version but not the Installed version. I think its a chroot issue.  More details this weekend
Want to play a game?