January 20, 2018, 07:06:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

When in doubt...WPS!

Author Topic: DEFCON Biohacking Videos Posted...See just how much I have let myself go...;)  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Gingerbread Man

• *High Tech Low-life*
  • Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +93/-0
Howdy (just Galaxy and Ch3rn I guess ;) ) folks!

They finally posted my DEF CON talk from DC25 this year. Neurogenic Peptides: Smart Drug's Four-Minute-Mile

Come hear me mangle pronunciations, ramble endlessly in repetitive circles and stifle wave after wave of entirely unnecessary swearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPwjn17XQfs

Everything is impossible until it isn't. Every undertaking, defined by the hard limitations at the edges of our possible achievement.

Lossless electrical conductivity, human travel beyond the sound 'barrier', running a four-minute mile...each, seen as some unassailable foe until, one-by-one, these milestones were not just approached and then attained, but very often surpassed. With time, these limits transition from the superlative, to the standard, and what once was thought of as impossible, now becomes the benchmark of superior performance.

The world of cognition enhancing drugs is no different.

For nearly as long as such structures have been differentiated, the cells of the brain and nervous system have been acknowledged to behave very differently than most of the others in the body.

Unlike the perpetual turn over that the rest of the body enjoys, there are only a few restricted areas in the brain and CNS of adult humans where new nerve cells are being regularly created. What you are born with, is what you have to work with.

Or is it?

Reliably producing productive structural, as opposed to solely chemical changes to the brain has long been seen as the 'Holy Grail' of Nootropics research..I am here today to discuss why the term "Four-minute mile" may be a bit more appropriate. From the explosions of growth created in early childhood and in some illnesses, to the seemingly paradoxical benefits seen with the removal of malfunctioning structures, we are going to examine the sometimes baffling relationship between cognition and the physical structure of the brain, and how maybe, just maybe, there might be something you can do about it.

I better see some of you next year...I had like 10 of our special badges left over this year...

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +96/-0
  • My password is **********
There are a few others too GBM!
Unfortunately, I have learned I am not able to absorb the same Type of knowledge that R4 can and trying to keep THS the same level that he had is a bit difficult. He can create the next Enigma machine... I can sing "baby shark". Maybe I should look into some of them enhancers later on in my life.

I love the "NOT a Doctor" disclaimer in your talk! I took the 25 minutes to listen to your speech and am glad I did! It was pretty informative and I liked how you explained the variations on the administrations and how they came about! So many people skip over stuff like that.

"I better see some of you next year...I had like 10 of our special badges left over this year..."
Considering how uncomfortable I was just for 8 hours at Bsides, I think I better wait to go cross country until my baby is fully weened.  ;)  What's everyone Else's excuse? Ch3rn? :D
A computer is only as strong as its user! -R4v3n

Offline ch3rn0byl

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +1338/-0
  • Grumpy Old Man with Mounds of Salt
What's everyone Else's excuse? Ch3rn? :D

It was crowded over 9000 with neckbeards and talks of "Did you see Mr. Robot hurrdurr" or the imfamous "im a leet hacker -let me sit in the middle of a crowd to show my screen updating constantly for over 15 minutes-". I shit you not on that last one. I took video too
Will *personally* drive the fucking hour to rip the computer out of your hands

Offline Gingerbread Man

• *High Tech Low-life*
  • Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +93/-0
..."im a leet hacker -let me sit in the middle of a crowd to show my screen updating constantly for over 15 minutes-". I shit you not on that last one. I took video too

LOL...I have GOT to hear more about this one...

Offline Malachai

• Top Hat Member
  • Super Elite
  • Internets: +18/-7
  • #!/bin/sh Day/Night (Grey Hat)
I was browsing last week the Defcon25 videos and remember that GBM was going to talk again. It was a good talk and since I knew what he was talking about. My kind of brain hacking. Starting my own stack once again since I was off it for about 6 months now.

Great talk GBM.
** Dont' judge me! **

*//
  Hope that Firewall works because your SCREWED  
  //*

Offline ch3rn0byl

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +1338/-0
  • Grumpy Old Man with Mounds of Salt
..."im a leet hacker -let me sit in the middle of a crowd to show my screen updating constantly for over 15 minutes-". I shit you not on that last one. I took video too

LOL...I have GOT to hear more about this one...

I looked. He was actually compiling, not updating lol. but it was that over and over again. I'll upload it for you so you can laugh at this tard also.
Will *personally* drive the fucking hour to rip the computer out of your hands

Offline doctane

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +14/-0
  • Never should of trusted hollywood!
    • Public key
Good stuff!! guess I need to start lurking again !!
---
Don't blink, don't move. You feel that, as your worries fade away? You hear that? That's the Sound of Madness, calling for you!