June 22, 2017, 03:14:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Support THS!! Buy a t-shirt at the top-hat-sec store! http://www.top-hat-sec.com/store/p23/T-Shirts.html

Author Topic: Next step?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Amonsec

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +36/-0
  • 1336 working to become 1337
Next step?
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:04:03 AM »
Hello there,

I'm officially OSCP certify!

More than that, I pwn all boxes in the Offensive Security Lab (55 machines), a lot of fun. Now I'm searching where I can learn more shitty things  to continue my journey in the info-sec field, because as expected and as Ch3rn0byl said to me, I'm now addicted to info-sec....

I'm planning to take the WiFu, someone who already take it?

So what guys and girls here can propose me to continue my info-sec journey in this following list:
  • Exploit development (definitely an awesome portion of the PWK)
  • Pentest (VulnHub, ..)
  • Scripting languages (Python, bash)
  • Nail art (lul)

Thanks.
_amonsec
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:17:32 PM by _amonsec »
"A computer is only as good as it's user" - R4V3N
OSCP (2017)

Offline ch3rn0byl

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +1337/-0
  • Grumpy Old Man with Mounds of Salt
Re: Next step?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:01:01 PM »
Enumeration is key! If you don't get it this time, I have no doubt in my mind that you will get it next time.

I personally see no value in OSWP, but that's just me. Get into CTP. That is the best!!

If ou want to keep practicing, become one with exploit-db. Itll be quite handy!!

Scripting languages, I like python. It's treated me pretty good :)

Nail art is pretty great. On my off time, I like to paint classical paintings onto my nails with such fine details. Ones that will inspire. Ones that have such a deep meaning, it makes me cry. Dickbutt. 
The quieter you become, the more you are unlikely to sound stupid.

Offline Amonsec

• Top Hat Member
  • Prospect
  • Internets: +36/-0
  • 1336 working to become 1337
Re: Next step?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:29:00 PM »
Your right ch3rn0byl, CTP sound definitely the best thing :)
But before attempting the course, I need to be prepared. I need a to learn low level layers (Assembly, Debugging, Exploit dev, etc) and web pentest.
I gonna search for reverse engineering, exploit dev CTF , and VulnHub for the pentesting side.

I can find a lot of buffer overflow exploit to rewrite from scratch in exploit-db and maybe port them to metasploit.

Using python and bash as soon as I need to automatize something, hey hey, lazy boy.

Thanks.
"A computer is only as good as it's user" - R4V3N
OSCP (2017)