December 17, 2017, 09:36:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

There are two rules for success: #1 Never Tell Everything You Know.

Author Topic: Virtual Machine Software & USB Chipset Issues  (Read 2705 times)

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +96/-0
  • My password is **********
Re: Virtual Machine Software & USB Chipset Issues
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 03:31:46 PM »
@GalaxyNinja
Right, GalaxyNinja, Is there an Distro i can try that works Happily with the Alfa Model "AWUS036NHR" As Most don't,

Windows! Haha, hmm... According to some websites that sell the NHR, while it is Linux compatible, it is not plug and play and doesn't work properly or won't go into monitor mode. But I have no clue how recent their information is. This particular post says that it DOES work and to just follow the steps. http://hezik.nl/alfa-awus036nhr-chip-rtl8188ru-compat-wireless-driver-install/  But again, it is outdated as Backtrack is no longer supported and Kali is the new Backtrack.
Here is a thread I found on Kali: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?17785-AWUS036NHR-yet-more

If you have an internal wireless card, you might just want to use usb cards as your internet and the internal card as your working card until this gets figured out. That way you can still play around with airmon-ng and not get TOO frustrated!
Linux is all about learning and is not very easy. Like one of the quotes R4v3N says: "most people don't succeed because they give up."
I know that Xiaopan has sneaked their "distro" into some of the alfa card packages, so don't worry I figured you didn't know and was just letting you know.   :)
A computer is only as strong as its user! -R4v3n

Offline Stan464

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
Re: Virtual Machine Software & USB Chipset Issues
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 04:41:51 AM »
Ahhhh Man, thanks for the Info, Such a shame, will look into those threads & see what i can do.

Ill try my Internal WIFI Card, But since im using a VM For Convenience, i don't think you can add such devices..

Pretty sure of it..

And Ohhhhhh, Well thats nice of them, ripping peoples work & using that to gain partnerships with Companies. how nice of them indeed..

To be fair, Xia Isnt all that great anyways....

Luckily im pretty patient & love learning things as i go anyways.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:46:22 AM by Stan464 »