November 19, 2017, 04:22:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Alleged Owner -- https://goo.gl/FRHbEJ

Author Topic: "Can of Worms" - Automated Wireless 'Testing'  (Read 8788 times)

Offline kinchan

• Experienced
  • Internets: +17/-0
  • Love My Pi and my N900
Re: "Can of Worms" - Automated Wireless 'Testing'
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 02:05:28 PM »
really nice rOtatiOn!  +1
RPI power  :)
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
##### Current project >> otto-gui ##### website #####

Offline c0ldg0ld

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +34/-0
    • Public Key
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 06:24:06 AM »
r0tati0n,

What all you got there? I've been thinking of building one of these to live in my truck...

I've got a decent JVC 7" head unit I'm looking at with HDMI in (H4v0k already bought one) and I'm thinking of putting a Pi in under my console somewhere and running an Alfa or something with a mag mount on my roof.  People won't think much of it since I have Radio operator license plates and another antenna or two up there anyway.  I was thinking originally like this thread with a drop box (and I have a Pineapple V but it has never been stable at all for me, to the point of being pretty much unusable, so any help there would be appreciated) but I thought that the truck idea might be better, I'd never have need to re-charge batteries, I'd never have to worry about losing it, and all I'd have to do it find a business nearby and park and just let it do it's thing.

There's still a need for a drop box for times when I can't leave my vehicle somewhere but I figure this would give a way to test for the drop box better anyway without fear of losing your progress if someone finds it!
rm -rf /bin/laden

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Public Key

Offline Gingerbread Man

• *High Tech Low-life*
  • Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +93/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 06:42:52 AM »
This is what I use for "unattended" testing...I have *NEVER* had anyone even unplug one let alone take it and keep it...

Mr3020...Splitter...USB Drive...USB Wifi dongle (you need at least two radios)...battery pack...guts from a usb charger...OpenWRT...Total cost ~50USD.

Offline r0tati0n

• Top Hat Member
  • Experienced
  • Internets: +21/-4
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »
ki-TEC Lithium battery
Raspberry Pi with pwnpi
Adafruit i2c LCD plate with buttons
ALFA AWUS036NEH

I programmed a menu for the LCD plate and can select with the buttons. Then the RPI starts monitor mode and besside_ng.
Works quite well for me when standing still or walking slowly. Battery 4400 mAh, lasts about 5 to 6 hours.
I'd like to have Augmentations.

Offline c0ldg0ld

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
    • Public Key
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »
GBM, nice... sneaky sneaky.

I do still wanna make my pineapple work properly (if that's even possible) and play with the truck but now I have a new goal.  Hiding in plain sight.  That's brilliant picking a C02 detector... of course if I saw that in a big place I'd have to wonder because they aren't going to be using gas in there, but I'm sure most people wouldn't think twice.
rm -rf /bin/laden

Public Key

Offline Gingerbread Man

• *High Tech Low-life*
  • Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +93/-0

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 06:49:18 PM »
I likey :o ... I was thinking of ways to hide something outside if you don't have internal access. Something along the lines of  a spiffy looking box that you could mount on the side of the gas meter or electric meter ( if the electricity wouldn't interfere with signal ). add some company stickers and no one would pay attention. I think with 3D printers  you can make some nifty enclosures to hide stuff  with endless possibilities :)  (cough cough make me something c0ldg0ld ) lol 

Offline c0ldg0ld

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
    • Public Key
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »
haha, man send me a sketchup document of what you want (or dimensions) and color and I'll print it for you.   

If you could get something like an old AT&T or Time Warner "Outdoor enclosure" like this people probably wouldn't think a thing about it.
rm -rf /bin/laden

Public Key