October 18, 2017, 06:54:15 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

THS Promising Student Scholarship has been introduced! Full and partial scholarships available. See http://www.top-hat-sec.com/scholarships.html for more details

Author Topic: AMD Radeon R9 Series Graphics  (Read 1100 times)

Offline 4wikin

• Prospect
  • Internets: +4/-0
  • Living inside the shell
AMD Radeon R9 Series Graphics
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:37:43 AM »
Is anyone using this kind of graphics HW on its pc?. I'm thinking about getting a R9 270X for my desktop and I can't find any information related to compatibility problems with live-usb distros.

Any info related would be appreciated. Thanks!
People love machines in 2029 A.D.

Offline ey3ba11z

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
Re: AMD Radeon R9 Series Graphics
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »
I got the R9 270x 4GB Direct CU card. Pretty good card actually.  Took me forever and a day to get 3 monitors working on it correctly though.
I didn't even realize I was connected to your network. How's that happen?

ch3rn0byl

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
I got the R9 270x 4GB Direct CU card. Pretty good card actually.  Took me forever and a day to get 3 monitors working on it correctly though.
What kind of problems did you run into? I was going to use Ultramon, read that is a good program to have multiple monitors with no problems. But if I can save some cash, bes believe I would like to know what you did! lol
I am about to get a comp and its going to have 2 R9 290's

Offline ey3ba11z

• Prospect
  • Internets: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:11:11 PM »
I'm guessing that if you want to use Ultramon you will be setting them up on a Windows PC?  It might be a little easier in Windows. Not sure what type of monitors you have.. but make sure you read up on "active adapters" because depending on how you hook up your displays makes a difference.  The R9 has 4 different outputs on it but the video processor can only handle 2 at a time using the GPU as the controller.   I have 3 monitors hooked up right now.  2 are plugged in to DVI and the 3rd is hooked up through the display port using an active adapter.  I wasn't able to run out to best buy and grab an active adapter so grabbed one off Amazon. 
I didn't even realize I was connected to your network. How's that happen?