October 18, 2017, 06:53:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Alleged Owner -- https://goo.gl/FRHbEJ

Author Topic: Arch Linux Install Options  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Arch Linux Install Options
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:14:54 AM »
Hey Peeps,

So you love the sound of Arch and want to give it a crack, This a brief overview of a few of the many ways to experience .

The current version of Arch Linux can be found here along with an installation guide here. I also recommend you first read the Beginners' Guide. While this method will be a CLI installation its straight forward and any CLI fiend will have no worries. Arch Linux does NOT include a graphical installer nor does it come with ANY Desktop Environment or Window Manager (DE & WM) so expect nothing but CLI love after a full installation this way. See tutorial from lifehackerAUI which is great for those who wish to try different configurations within  a virtual machine quickly. AUI consists of two separate scripts, ./lilo & ./fifo, 'Minimal' & 'full' install respectively. Both scripts are CLI based and this is NOT a graphical install.

A rather less heard of method is via Evo (see 5-star rating). EvolutionLinux is a boot-able medium which offers a graphical installer, variety of configuration options, simple & straight forward set of instructions for you to.. A great bit of software in all regards.

There are also many distributions (many never heard of) that offer an Arch based OS, Some packaged with various forms of installers and packages.. I won't go into them but fyi checkout: ArchBang, Manjaro and for all you pen-testing needs see ArchAssault & BlackArch.

Regards,

Offline Mmwwaaaa

• Top Hat Member
  • Professional
  • Internets: +58/-1
Re: Arch Linux Install Options
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »
UPDATE!

Still wanna ride the Arch wave?

Having trouble installing........

This Live Installer for Arch Linux is the ducks! <<Download

Kudos to Carl Duff for all his commitment & persistence

Offline GalaxyNinja

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +96/-0
  • My password is **********
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 05:12:33 AM »
Thanks for posting stuff about Arch MMwwaaaa!
I know it seems like not a lot of people are into Arch at this time, but our ultimate goal is to get people comfortable enough with Linux to be able to want to try it out.
It helps when there are some easy guides and tools, such as in this post, that people can use and follow.
A computer is only as strong as its user! -R4v3n

Offline H4v0K

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Internets: +986/-1
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:50:15 AM »
I must have missed your first post here .  Thanks for both, when i get man enough  to try out arch this will help.   +1  for my "Arch nemesis" :P